Tuesday, March 2, 2010

the new swing

A big parcel arrived in the post today from my parents -a lovely, hand-made wooden swing. We knew it was coming & we could hardly wait to get it hung & give it a test run. I wrapped the cords around a few apple boughs, tried to level it as best I could (it is a little wobbly, I admit), & promptly stuffed X in to see how it played. He smiled from ear to ear as I pushed him back & forth & explained to him that now we didn't have to go all the way to the park to enjoy a little swinging -we could come outside any ol' time we wanted & give it a go. He spent more time in that swing today than you'd believe, & I suspect it will get a lot of use in the months to come. And it's beautiful to boot.

No comments: