I wish I were kidding, but for reasons unknown to me, M has decided to play "Hangin' Tough" for L. She knows all the lyrics and sings them when she isn't giggling. We are lounging in the living room. The scent of the pinon incense wafts across the space. "Are ya tough enough?", Laurel asks as we move on from "Ballerina Girl" to "Regulate" by Warren G. With IPA and Pinot close at hand, we glide through another evening of laughter and conversation.
It has been good to have L with us. She is a rare easy-going soul: accepting, understanding, kind and sensitive to the varied nuances hidden within the feelings and thoughts of others. I feel lucky to have gained a new and true sister.
We just suffered through the strains of a very childish and dramatic Michael Jackson singing "Ben." M speculated that we only have this mp3 because it is a nostalgia-song for K. K, if you're out there: thanks a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment