While I've been sleeping like a charmed princess these many long weeks, the garden has positively run amok. The tomato vines are sprawling into the pepper's personal space. The basil plants are flowering and the nasturtium have overtaken all the paths. The sprawling tendrils of the pumpkins and cucumbers have merged into a chaotic tangle and the beets are the size of footballs. I manage to trudge out of doors to turn the soaker hoses on from time to time, but that appears to be the limit of my current ability to manage.
For one thing, the tomato branches and basil stems smell bad -well, not bad, they're just so pungent and the scent on my hands and in my hair drives me absolutely nuts. And I am still so dreadfully sleepy. It is all I can do to muster some dinner (sadly, take-out has been too often on the menu) before I fall into bed each evening. But I anticipate a new day in a matter of weeks as I creep into my second trimester.
And I suppose I should celebrate keeping the bugger alive all the while. Two weeks left until I have passed the supposed "safe" marker. So, despite all the nausea and exhaustion, I've done something right, or nature has, or those Trader Joe's prenatal vitamins -whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment