She asked me to tell her my birth story, and I admit it is hard for me to dredge it all back up time and again. It is like picking the scab off a wound every time. But with each telling it becomes a little easier to speak of it and I come to accept what happened just a little bit more. J cried with me as I relayed the harsher bits and it felt good to share with someone so sympathetic. I know that she has struggled in her own way with the challenges of motherhood and just knowing that makes my burdens somehow easier to bear. I am thankful for friends like J.
Friday, March 27, 2009
kind visitors
X and I hosted a couple of wonderful visitors today -my friend J and her adorable daughter D. Slothful and indolent as ever, I didn't bother changing out of my bathrobe to welcome them, but I knew that J would understand. She thoughtfully brought me some lunch and a ring-sling so that I can begin wearing X (it has been hard since most baby carriers hang quite low and my incision bothers me too much to permit it). But it was her own gentle, open-hearted, healing presence that I most appreciated.
She asked me to tell her my birth story, and I admit it is hard for me to dredge it all back up time and again. It is like picking the scab off a wound every time. But with each telling it becomes a little easier to speak of it and I come to accept what happened just a little bit more. J cried with me as I relayed the harsher bits and it felt good to share with someone so sympathetic. I know that she has struggled in her own way with the challenges of motherhood and just knowing that makes my burdens somehow easier to bear. I am thankful for friends like J.
She asked me to tell her my birth story, and I admit it is hard for me to dredge it all back up time and again. It is like picking the scab off a wound every time. But with each telling it becomes a little easier to speak of it and I come to accept what happened just a little bit more. J cried with me as I relayed the harsher bits and it felt good to share with someone so sympathetic. I know that she has struggled in her own way with the challenges of motherhood and just knowing that makes my burdens somehow easier to bear. I am thankful for friends like J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are so beautiful.tears in my eyes again. sorry we weren't around this week as promised.hoping to make up for it next week. love you, J
Post a Comment