Friday, March 6, 2009

welcome little one

After three long and brutal days of labor, Xavier Shannon made his dramatic entrance into our hearts and lives, although not the way we had planned. A stubborn child with a mind of his own, he refused to turn around and make his way down in the natural way. And so, he arrived via scalpel and under the bright lights of an operating room with an army of surgeons attending, instead of in tranquil soothing waters with none but his mother's and father's faces to greet him. I fought for my life for a few perilous moments before I was permitted to hold and care for him, meanwhile he suckled furiously on his father's chest, eagerly awaiting our first meeting.

The story needs to be told in detail, but I am too busy catching up, catching my breathe, falling in love, nursing and sleeping and nursing again, and staring for hours into the wonderful eyes of my own little one. In time I will attend to the tale. Meanwhile, love reigns in our happy little home and X adjusts to his new life on the outside.

Xavier Shannon -- born 3/6/9 at 1:31 a.m. --7lbs 14 oz -- 19 3/4 inches

2 comments:

Dale said...

Oh!

Congratulations! I'm sorry you had to do it the hard way. But he's beautiful!

Lainey Wright said...

indeed -his beautiful face and gentle spirit make it all worthwhile