My neighbor and her 17 month old son O were hanging out with us at our house. X loves to watch O toddle around (he's learned a few choice tidbits from O also, like how to screech -we're pretty stoked about that one:). X started fussing, so I pulled him into my lap to bust out the boob and nurse him. O leaned over the arm of the chair to watch. I signed "milk" to him and he signed it back. I asked him if he remembered when he used to nurse on his mama.
X stopped nursing for a moment, and I put away my bits and pieces. Suddenly, O started furiously signing "more" and "milk" over and over, obviously wanting a little more of the peep show. I nursed X some more while O watched and giggled and signed "milk." B, my neighbor, exclaimed in jest, "O! -that's not appropriate!"
I thought it was hilarious to see his obvious curiosity. And indeed, to an older child it must seem pretty silly.
1 comment:
(o)
Post a Comment