Thursday, February 4, 2010

pisces party

I got a wild hare to make a bunch of something for party favors for the kids who attend X's birthday party. I know a few extremely crafty people whose crazy productivity prods me from my lazy slumber (ha! -slumber? -yeah right!) to get cracking on something fun myself. Something, something...but what?

I knew that I wanted to make a simple stuffed animal. I have not the patience, time or skill set for anything complicated. I toyed originally with making owls (his middle name means "wise little owl" & it is one of the primary reasons we chose the name -we fell in love with it's meaning), but another friend had used that idea for her own daughter's party a year ago, so that was out. And then I lit upon fish. X is a little pisces, so I figured that would make the most sense. Plus, fish are not complex creatures in the same way that bunnies are, or kitties (no arms! no legs!). What a perfect plan!

I gathered up all my scraps & hit the fabric store for a few more quarter-yards & started cutting. After a couple horribly late nights (2AM! -when else am I going to sew?), this is the result:So, who's coming to the party?!

No comments: