Saturday, July 3, 2010

blueberry helper


Imagine my delight to find that suddenly my little baby is a help & not a hindrance on a picking excursion to a blueberry farm! We managed to haul a full 20lbs after a morning's labor & didn't need to mind the child a bit. He wandered on his own along the row, picking a hundred thousand berries & stuffing them into his face. I am sure he ate far too many green ones, but what is the harm in that? I even got him picking them & putting them into the bucket, except that pulling them out & throwing them on the ground proved to be far more fun. In any case, it was wonderful to be able to go about my business without worrying to death about my kid's comfort & safety for a change. I imagine it only gets easier from here on out...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: