We finally got a baby seat mounted on the back of my bicycle for X. We've discussed it for a long time but went back & forth trying to decide between a seat & a trailer. For reasons that are fully irrational, I felt he would be safer seated closer to me, and so we went with the seat. After a few nervous rides & a quick lesson from M in shifting gears (seriously -I have never been your typical Portlander in this regard), I feel very comfortable with my new 30-lb passenger. I told M the other day that I have not enjoyed riding bikes this much since I was a child.
And to say X enjoys it would be an understatement of crazy proportions. In fact, we hesitate to mention we are considering taking a bike ride until moments before we walk out the door lest we subject ourselves to an eternal whiny chant: "wide bikes! wide bikes! wiiiiiide biiiiikes!" It is our new favorite mode of transportation & every day finds me either at Woodstock Park or the Library (it is a better biking distance than our too-close park, Mt. Scott), schlepping helmets & locks & a backpack full of books to exchange. I might turn into a true Portlander yet!
1 comment:
We are also big fans of the seat and plan to use it until he grows out of it (I think ours is good up to 40 pounds), then perhaps try a trailer.
Post a Comment