Thursday, August 19, 2010

too good to be true

I knew it was too good to be true. Both Wednesday & Thursday X was crying when I went to pick him up at A's at 11:30. On Thursday I wound up going to get him early after I received a disturbing text message: "He's having a hard time. Crying for 5 minutes. I'm okay with it if you are. I just know you want to know." I texted back, "I'll come get him," grabbed my bike & was at her doorstep before my text had time to get to space & back. Both days he was sleepy, rubbing his eyes, weepy & anxious to get to his nap. I hope that is all. I hope he's not feeling uneasy & abandoned & truly sorrowful. He's been nursing an awful lot lately & taking forever to put to bed. I worry that I am being punished somehow for putting him in daycare. I realize how silly that sounds even as I write it. And on the other extreme, I worry that I hobbled him & made it harder by waiting this long. That's silly too, I know. But I am helpless to figure out how to make it easier on him...and me.

No comments: