We are embarking on our first camping trip with X tomorrow and I have therefore been in a frenzy trying to get everything together. And as everyone knows, the food is the single most essential item that separates a good camping trip from a bad one. It can piss rain, the forest can be swarming with mosquitoes, the car battery can die from being left on (I have experience in all of the above areas) but if the food is decent the trip can be a smashing success regardless. So, given the fact that bringing a baby along already semi-dooms the trip, I am investing heavily in the food department. To that end, I have spent the day today sweating like a pig over a hot stove, whipping up the following treats:
-Fresh no-knead white bread (we are addicted to it, at this point)
-Fresh no-knead sourdough bread (our first attempt -we managed to grow a starter)
-Mediterranean Tuna Salad
-Lemony Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs
-Blue Cheese Dressing
-Green Salad
-Banana Nut Date Bread
To add to the chaos, we've blanched a zillion green beans and there is a whole pile of fresh basil that I have magically turned into delicious pesto and spooned into ice-cube trays bound for the freezer, to be turned out sometime in the dark thick of winter. Ahhh summer....
No comments:
Post a Comment