Sunday, August 9, 2009

ductwork

Well, I couldn't have dodged it forever. I woke up this morning with a sore lump in my right breast (after an awfully late night last night, I admit -we were up until 2:30AM assembling a new secretary from Ikea -dumb, I know). It is obviously some very clogged ductwork and I am doing my damnedest to keep it from turning into a full-blown infection. My friend B has horror stories from her own experiences with mastitis and I am hoping, against the odds, I can avoid the same. To that end I am nursing like crazy on that one side (causing an oversupply that will annoy the living shit out of me in the weeks to come), applying hot compresses and massaging the area in hopes the congestion will work it's way out. The good news is that there is no real avenue for infection to enter, provided X keeps his tiny, razor-sharp teeth in check for the duration. Crossing my fingers on this one...

No comments: