Tuesday, June 24, 2008

symptoms

How frustrating to discover that PMS has essentially the same symptoms as pregnancy: sore boobs, bloating, the munchies, drowsiness, chronic bitchiness, nausea.

How strange to feel that I simply cannot wait until the weekend when I might know for certain, yes or no. The distraction is killing me.

How annoying to have spent my entire adult life trying not to get pregnant -and now this idiotic, fanciful, senseless desire has come upon me and devoured all reason.

I'm hungry.

Also -I have discovered that this decision is the ultimate source of my profound state of distraction. Meditation on this incredible life change has given me a sickening case of short-timers with respect to nearly every aspect of my life. Why make plans? Who knows what tomorrow brings? Let's go for a walk and talk about nothing in particular.

My whole life is waiting.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Oh, hugs, pobrecita.