This morning as I lay curled on my side, palm pressed against my abdomen awaiting the taps and pokes of my baby's feet and elbows, I remarked to M in a voice that shook with emotion: "It is strange how much I love him and I haven't even met him yet!" His movements inside me stir in me a profound, maternal care and concern unlike any I have felt for anyone. Sometimes I feel similarly for M, especially in those rare, tender moments when I think of what he must have been like as a child. But M can take care of himself for the most part -he isn't vulnerable and unformed and needy like this small human growing inside of me.
M said he felt the same way during the ultrasounds. Watching his little son squirming in a blur on the screen brought him near to tears. I wish M could feel it as often as I do - every time I sense his small body stirring in my belly.
2 comments:
:-)
Yes.
HOw sweet! So glad to see Lainey back. I missed you!
Post a Comment