Sunday, November 9, 2008

the thrill of a good bargain

M and I spent the entire day intermittently trolling Craigslist and rolling around the Portand metro checking out this and that in an effort to economically pimp out the baby's nursery. We drove all the way to Gresham and scored a beautiful convertible crib for a measly $50, and while there the seller tossed in a high-end glider for an extra $50. Rounding out the room is a $60 changing table and a $35 gliding ottoman (the fabric doesn't match that of the glider, but that can easily be altered) and a $150 solid pine dresser that will likely follow our son to college and beyond.

It feels good to get things settled. I know it won't get any easier the bigger I grow to get all my ducks in a row. And it feels all the better knowing I have done so on the cheap.

No comments: