Portland is swaddled in a thick blanket of clouds and I fear a few have seeped into my brain. The gray, forbidding weather is keeping me asleep in the mornings and leaving me unmotivated and dull in the evenings. Ho-hum.
I also cannot help but feel sapped and drained from the steady stream of social interaction of late. My cousin was here last weekend and we had a fabulous time together, but then M's father came right on her heels, another few guests spent the evening with us on Monday and then another buddy "popped in" Tuesday evening. Whew. It is not that I don't care to have good friends around me, but I tend to require a great deal of quiet, solitude in order to function at my highest and best -and when I am robbed of a even a few precious moments a day I become foggy, disorientated, irritable and a stranger to myself. This is me now. Grrrr.
So, tonight I am off to the gym -but when I return I fully intend to break out the fleece pants, wrap myself in woolen blankets, turn off the phone, pour a Guinness and settle in to reading Steinbeck's East of Eden.
1 comment:
Oh, God, yes, I get so cranky after a couple days of not getting my alone time, I'm not fit to live with. Barricade the doors!
Post a Comment