The significance of 2 weeks of quitting cold turkey cannot be avoided. It is the reason why I am eating far more gummy bears than nutritionists recommend (do they recommend any at all?). It explains the flightiness, the easy distractions (what was I saying?). It is an excuse for sleeping more and working less (sleep is on the agenda nightly around 10pm without fail). I am proud of myself on one hand, annoyed on the other.
I am finding it hard to buckle down and write something focused and precise so long as I am lacking that vice, that little something-something to cling to -hard to write? -think? -talk? I mean, it is hard to do anything at all that requires even a smidgen of concentration. Somehow, when I had a cigarette in my hand it was easier to focus? How does that make any sense at all?
In any case, congratulations to me for 2 weeks cold turkey. Hopefully all these shitty, distracted, aimless and angsty feelings will wear off and I can return to my usual focused, aimless and angsty self....until then, anyone got any candy?
2 comments:
Free massage when you get to the end of week three!
(If you like that sort of thing)
I have some candy for you. Come on out! 10 p.m. bedtime is good practice for what's ahead in any case. Good work on toughing out the difficult period. You are strong and awesome!
Post a Comment